The Modern Workplace Alliance are currently enjoying the bright lights of Las Vegas at the Microsoft Inspire 2019 event. After day 1 its clear that Modern Workplace, Security, Adoption and Change Management are the key focus areas of this year’s annual event.
Seven members of the team trekked across the pond to spend some quality time with our Australian partners and corporate contacts.
Key Points from the event so far:
- Teams is rapidly becoming the hero Microsoft product. There is plenty of engineering resource planned for this solution to continue its evolution into a tool businesses won’t be able to do without.
- End of Life Products such as SQL 2008 and Windows Server 2008 is worth a mention. Now is the time to prioritise either upgrading or migrating to the cloud. According to Gavriella Schuster, Corporate Vice President of One Commercial Partner apparently there is around 24 million servers that are yet to be migrated. This poses a huge risk to organisations in terms of reputation, commercial and security.
- Microsoft continues to lead the way in terms of innovation with 3 key focus areas:
- Customer Centricity
- Improved technical ability
These priorities are strongly aligned to the MWA core business values. A modern workplace will always be about people first and technology being the enabler to better working environments. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible to work with MWA as we have an alliance of the right people with expert skills, to ensure the right outcome for our customers.
The rest of the event schedule is set to be even more interesting as we continue to learn about Microsoft roadmaps and priorities in FY20, including customer programs that will allow us to continue to provide outstanding service as an alliance of five skilled tech partners in 2019 and beyond.
Stay tuned for further updates and musings from the MWA team.
get your score!!
take our 10-minute modern workplace assessment!
One you have completed the assessment and told us who you are, you will receive:
- A score out of 75, showing you where your organisation is on the Modern Workplace transformation journey
- Your 3 priority areas to address first
- Information about our 1 day Modern Workplace Accelerator